July 8, 2013

DIY Non-toxic Room Freshener

In today's day and age, everything is toxic and bad for not only our bodies, but our planet as well!  I always wondered why I got headaches from room fresheners/sprays and then realized what I was inhaling...  Yuck!

I've never been one to buy room fresheners.  I honestly hate the "chemical" fake smell and I can't deal with the headaches.  So in pursuit of finding an all-natural alternative, I came up with my own!  I know Pinterest has a lot of all-natural recipes for room sprays, but a lot of them don't work.

Here is a recipe that does work.  I have tested it, and I make it often.  It may not be as strong of a smell as you like, so add a few more drops of essential oil.  I like my scents fairly light.  I know this is a recipe for rose, but you can do any scent you like.  Be creative!


Rose geranium room spray


  • 1 Tbsp. rubbing alcohol
  • 35-ish drops of rose geranium essential oil
  • 3/4 cup boiled water (cooled)


Put rubbing alcohol and essential oil in small dish.  The alcohol helps the essential oil disperse.  It may smell weird, but don't worry it will smell good soon.

Boil water and cool.  This just purifies the water.

Pour everything into a clean 8 oz. spray bottle and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment