February 13, 2013

Today :)


Last night was an incredibly good night.  Each time I am with my sisters, I forget the world for a little bit and know the true meaning of the word love.

love |ləv|
noun
1 an intense feeling of deep affection : babies fill parents with intense feelings of love | their love for their country.
a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone : it was love at first sight | they were both in love with her | we were slowly falling in love.
( Love) a personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid.
a great interest and pleasure in something : his love for football | we share a love of music.
affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.
a formula for ending an affectionate letter : take care, lots of love, Judy.
2 a person or thing that one loves : she was the love of his life | their two great loves are tobacco and whiskey.
Brit., informal a friendly form of address : it's all right, love.
( a love) Brit., informal used to express affectionate approval for someone : don't fret, there's a love.
3 (in tennis, squash, and some other sports) a score of zero; nil : love fifteen | he was down two sets to love. [ORIGIN: apparently from the phrase play for love (i.e., the love of the game, not for money); folk etymology has connected the word with French l'oeuf ‘egg,’ from the resemblance in shape between an egg and a zero.]

I went up to the DZ house and my big and I made pancakes.  We poured out our hearts to each other and definitely dished some dirt.  We gave advice, talked boys (who are clearly not in their right minds because each one of us had a story to tell), ate well and actually laughed.  I love my girls and I wouldn’t trade them for anything.  And to the people who say us sorority girls are fake: shame on you, you’re really missing out.

With Valentine’s day drawing near, I know a lot of single people [ladies] tend to freak out and, well, make themselves look really needy.  I get it, it’s hard when every girl is getting the most beautiful flowers and jewelry and-- oh the best-- chocolate!  But seriously, these college relationships are fleeting.  They come and go so quickly.  No one in college knows what they truly want right now, and that applies to love interests.  If you meet someone, great.  But if you don’t, even better!  I’m not against relationships in college, but I’m not for them 100% either.  I’d much rather spend my Valentine’s day with some of my sisters (loves of my life, lezbehonest...  Haha!) and go to Cru.  Both make me very happy and at this point in my life I can’t afford anything less than that.  I have come to realize that life is too short, so are the college guys here and that joining a sorority was THE best thing I ever did do.  I am so down for making pancakes topped with ice cream again and dishing dirt. 

Oh the college life...  Here’s to being 19, and so lost when it comes to figuring stuff out..  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment