February 6, 2013

Thankful


The more people I meet in life, the more I am reminded of how truly blessed I am.  Sometimes it’s a good reminder and sometimes it’s rather sad.  I meet new kids at university every day and some of their  backgrounds are pretty disheartening.  How could I have spent my whole childhood in pure bliss while many of my fellow classmates struggled just to make it another day.

I am blessed.  I really am.

God is so good.  His love and faithfulness has always shown itself in my life, and for that, I am very grateful.  It’s easy to fall into routine, a rut of some sort, and go through the motions of every day.  But I am trying so hard not to forget that God is good and that He has enriched my life for the better.

I’m not saying I’ve had a picture perfect life.  That everything has been unicorns and rainbows, but in a lot of people’s standards, maybe it has.  I have never known true hunger, rejection of a parent, no bed at night, etc.  Whenever I watch The Blind Side I always get chills when Michael tells LeeAnn that he’s never had his own bed before.  Something I take for granted, could be somebody’s only wish.

I’m not sure why I decided to write this tonight, but I thought it might be appropriate considering I just watched The Blind Side again (one of my favorites).  I don’t believe God is getting enough credit for the work He is doing in today’s day and age.  Give thanks for the things you take for granted in life.

1 comment: