February 28, 2013

Back at it

Mono is a terrible thing to catch.  It's like getting the flu in 1st grade and suddenly you have no more school, everyone seems to be at your beck & call, and you just lay around feeling absolutely worthless (except in 1st grade you gladly accept being "totally worthless", like you've just been crowned queen or something).  I remember getting the test results back and the doc called to confirm that I did indeed have mono.  HOW?!  It's not like I go around smoochin' boys left and right.  So how I got it is still a mystery to me...

Okay, I need to stop talking about mono.  It's really getting old.  Really, really old.  The one thing that it did to me that made me the most upset was I couldn't work out.  So, for the past month I have been taking it easy, so easy that I have definitely gained a pound (I'm hoping muscle, but that would be a miracle haha).  I have missed working out so much that it's literally drove me crazy.

This week I started feeling less tired.  And definitely wanted to get back at it.  Enough of sitting around, I was ready to DO WORK!  So I put on my Nikes and headed to the gym.  It started with 45 minutes on the cardio machine.  The next day was almost 40 degrees out so I went for an hour long run by the river.  Then the next day, yesterday, I decided it was time to bring out the weights again. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it was leg day!!  I have never felt so good in a long time.  Definitely back to my normal self which is great.

With all of that being said, I am planning on shaping up and taking my eating habits more seriously.  I admit to slipping up at a lot at the beginning of this semester, but no more!  I have also been doing research on MSG and really trying to steer clear of it.  (It makes shopping at Walmart VERY difficult.)

So here's to goof health, shaping up and living life to the fullest!  Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment