July 8, 2012

Melt In YO Mouth. {A Protein Recipe}

WOW. Do I have a recipe for you all. Want something sweet, tangy, packed full of protein and absolutely amazing?


BAM.
It's alright, thank me later.

Here's how it works:

1-1/2 cup almond flour
1-1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 (or more!) scoops of vanilla protein powder (I did 4 1/2 scoops haha)
A pinch of sea salt
6 Tablespoons pure honey (I used a little less than that, they are sweet!)
4 Tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons total)
Zest from lemons
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Now mix everything together then add:

1/4 cup coconut oil

And mix until combined. Roll out with your hands into 1 inch balls. And, please, try not to eat the whole bowl.

***I found this recipe on www.addictedtoveggies.com, but have altered it to fit my nutrition. I give full credit to Sarahfae/Addicted to Veggies.

1 comment:

  1. ohh I never would have thought to combine coconut with lemon :) Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete