I've tried lots of banana bread recipes but this beats all. Eat clean approved and extremely nummy.
3/4 cup stevia, xylitol, or other sweetener
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup egg whites
3/4 cup Spelt flour
1/2 cup oats, ground
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/8 cup 70% dark chocolate chips
1/8 or 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Spray a bread pan with clean cooking spray.
3. Mix together sweetener and coconut oil until combined.
4. Mix in egg whites.
5. Add 3/4 cup flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; mix until just combined.
6. Add in bananas and mix well. If the batter is too runny, gradually add in more flour.
7. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts until combined.
8. Bake 40 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Tips & Bonus Information
The batter should be thick but still pour easily out of the bowl. If you end up using too much flour and need to thin it out, add some water a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
YIELD: 12-15 slices depending on thick you cut the bread.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 -15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes to 1 hour