October 19, 2011

Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry.

Oh my goodness gracious! I about died when I first tasted this. So healthy, so easy, and so yummy in your tummy. Eating clean never tasted soo good!


Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked quinoa (plus 2 cups of water for cooking in & seasoning!)
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and cooked
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil

Directions:
Prepare quinoa as label directs. Then add seasonings of choice.
Meanwhile, in cup, stir together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger; set aside.
In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, toast sesame seeds about 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to small bowl.
In same skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and cook In same skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and cook to heat through. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sesame oil.


To serve, spoon quinoa onto 4 dinner plates; top with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

5 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Goodness. Off to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks quick and easy! :) ANd tasty might I add :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! if you're interested i'm giving away a starbuck gift card on my blog! come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh... looks so good!!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    new follower... I love all your health tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shrimp. I love asparagus. I love soy sauce. I love this!

    ReplyDelete