February 9, 2011

Be My Valentine?

|||||||||||||||||||||||  I love watercolor.  ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So this year for Valentines day I am doing a small watercolor painting for each of my friends and little girls who I teach class to on Wednesday nights.
To make these at home all you need is: watercolor paper (the good quality kind), black india ink, watercolors (red, yellow, blue & black) and water itself!

DSC_0011
To start off, cut a page of paper into four pieces.

DSC_0013
Then ink in all that you want in black. Make sure to let dry completely before moving onto the next step. If you want to speed up this process, just blow it dry with a hairdryer.

DSC_0016
Get your paints ready! I only use the primary colors + black. To get pink mix water and red together. Want green? Mix yellow and blue together, etc. Be creative with your colors. I made aqua for the actual octopus' body.

DSC_0017
Remember not to 'pet' the paper as you brush the paint on. Do a flat wash and hold the paper at a 45 degree angle. Let dry completely and give to your sweethearts on the 14th! :)

I would love to see what y'all are working on for your valentine cards. Feel free to share! Oh and happy craftin'. xx.

10 comments:

  1. this is SUCH a cute idea! i'm in desperate need of cute valentines ideas, i'll definitely be bookmarking this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is literally the cutest valentine in the world.
    i'm so jealous of you amazing skills and your friends who are receiving these. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I've been wanting to play around with watercolors for a while now, just because I love how they look. :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. my darling thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog.
    it looks as if you are an follow artist yourself. LOVE IT. now following, hope you will follow me.

    love m.
    acupofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo sweet! I can only hope I will be one of the lucky recipients!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This such a fun idea and adorable card! I totally need to get into doing more handmade gifts and cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that idea so pretty and so sweet:) I love it! I follow :) muá!

    http://alba-ferrer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your watercolors! It's such an adorable card!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog - I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super precious! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha oh these are so cute!

    a-dreamers-wake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete